Lewis Johs Avallone Aviles, LLP is seeking a Legal Assistant / Legal Secretary to join our team. Named in the 2023 edition of U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” for the 12th consecutive year, recipient of the 2023 Top Workplaces by Dan’s Papers and the Long Island Press, as well as the Long Island Business News Reader Rankings Best Law Firm (Overall) 2022, Lewis Johs Avallone Aviles, LLP is seeking a full-time legal assistant with personal injury and/or medical malpractice experience.
LEGAL ASSISTANT RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of the LEGAL ASSISTANT / LEGAL SECRETARY position include, but are not limited to (please note that only applicants who possess the following qualities will be considered):
- Candidate must be knowledgeable of and be responsible for preparing, amending and finalizing all legal defense documents in support of attorneys.
- Must be well versed in personal injury litigation documents. Medical Malpractice knowledge would be helpful, but not mandatory.
- Provide organizational and clerical support to attorneys.
- Utilize document management systems to track and retrieve files, as needed.
- Perform data entry tasks to update client information and case details.
The ideal candidate will be an individual who thrives in a fast paced, friendly environment.
Qualifications of the Legal Assistant
- Be proficient in all Microsoft Office products
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven experience as a legal assistant or in a similar role
- Prepare and draft legal documents, such as pleadings, motions, and contracts
- Transcribe dictations and prepare correspondence
- Manage legal case files and maintain accurate records
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Proficient in using document management systems and other relevant software
- Excellent proofreading skills with a keen attention to detail
- Familiarity with legal terminology and processes
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information professionally
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Legal Assistant/Secretary to join our team. We offer competitive compensation and benefits package. If you meet the qualifications outlined above, please submit your resume for consideration.
About Lewis Johs Avallone Aviles, LLP
Lewis Johs Avallone Aviles, LLP was established in 1993 and has continually grown to a 55+ attorney, multi practice. Our firm seeks candidates who share our passion to provide the highest level of service and to exceed our clients’ expectations.
Benefits of a career at LJAA include:
- Competitive benefits package is offered which includes: BCBS medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account, 401k, paid holidays, paid time off and the option to enroll in additional voluntary ancillary benefits.
We are conveniently located at exit 58 off of the Long Island Expressway on the corner of Veterans Memorial Highway and Motor Parkway in the pink glass building.
ALL RESUMES WILL BE HELD CONFIDENTIALLY.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $25.00 per hour, commensurate with experience
Expected hours: 35 per week