Jason T. Katz Principal
Jason T. Katz Principal
With over twenty five years of legal experience, Jason focuses his practice on complex civil litigation. Jason defends a multitude of clients in state and federal courts. Although he handles all aspects of civil defense, Jason specializes in complex and high exposure litigation, including construction defect, sexual molestation, dram shop, products, vehicular, transportation and freight shipping, premises, commercial liability and claims of subrogation and insurance fraud. He has represented clients in all phases of litigation, from the pre-suit phase to trial, in all of the Courts in New York City, Long Island, Upstate New York and Rockland. He has also drafted and orally argued appeals in the New York State Appellate Courts. In addition to the daily representation of his clients, Jason serves as the head of the firm’s Appellate Team and is a member of the firm’s Catastrophic Loss Response Team.
Jason has also been actively involved in defending clients in high profile actions involving numerous defendants, including actions stemming out of the World Trade Center attack and the 2008 New York City crane collapses. He served as preferred counsel to a local utility subcontractor and a large industrial vehicle service.
Jason has lectured to many clients and insurance carriers on a variety of topics, including automobile, contractual and construction liability. He serves on a number of the firm’s legal committees, is both a team leader and mentor to young attorneys.
Jason was admitted to practice law in the State of New York in 1992, the State of New Jersey in 1991, and the United States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York in 1994. He received his Juris Doctor from Albany Law School of Union University in 1991, and was a recipient of the Order of Barristers Award. He graduated magna cum laude from the State University of New York at Albany in 1988.
Jason actively raises funds for the American Cancer Society and other Long Island based charitable organizations, and is a member of a number of community and legal organizations. He was the recipient of the 2005 Leadership Award from the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Jason is also a member of the New York State and Nassau County Bar Associations, New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, as well as the Defense Research Institute. Additionally, Jason was named to Super Lawyers in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
An avid runner and golfer, Jason lives in Plainview, New York with his wife and sons.
- 2005 Leadership Award from the National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Super Lawyers, New York Metro Area
- Juris Doctor Degree – Albany Law School of Union University 1991
- Bachelor of Business – State University of New York at Albany 1988
- New York State Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Defense Research Institute
- State of New Jersey 1991
- New York State 1992
- United States District Court of the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York 1994
- “New York State’s Top Court Grants Defendants Access to “Private” Facebook Discovery”
- Primerus Express (March 2018)
- Long Island Business News (March 2018)
- HIA-LI Reporter (April 2018)
- The Suffolk Lawyer (April 2018)