Insurance Coverage AssociateLong Island Office
1377 Motor Parkway, Suite 400
Islandia, NY 11749
Recipient of the 2022 Top Workplaces by Dan’s Papers and the Long Island Press, as well as the Long Island Business News Reader Rankings Best Law Firm (Overall) 2022, Lewis Johs Avallone Aviles, LLP is seeking an experienced attorney to join our coverage team. Our large insurance defense firm is seeking an attorney with expertise in insurance coverage.
INSURANCE COVERAGE ASSOCIATE RESPONSIBILITIES –
Successful applicant must be capable of independently handling full case load, have excellent verbal, research and writing skills.
The duties and responsibilities of the Insurance Coverage Attorney include, but are not limited to,
- Reviewing policies and drafting opinions under personal and commercial liability policies
- Preparing and responding to tenders
- Managing a caseload
- Meeting and working with clients
- Draft pleadings, motions, and other discovery items in declaratory judgment actions
- Handle all aspects of litigation and trial
- 3+ years representing clients in insurance coverage matters and disputes, including drafting, coverage opinions and litigation.
- Must be admitted to practice law in New York State and in good standing.
- Must also be admitted to practice law in New York State federal courts and be familiar with federal court practice.
- Must have specific experience with NYS labor law claims and construction litigation, and insurance issues arising from such cases under commercial general liability policies.
- The ideal candidate will be hardworking, smart, personable and looking for autonomy and opportunity in a growing environment.
- Strong research, writing and analytical skills, as well as a commitment to outstanding client service are a must.
This is an excellent long term opportunity for an attorney who is looking to take on significant responsibility in all aspects of cases and developing contacts and clients.
Competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid time off, paid holidays plus the option to enroll in additional voluntary ancillary benefits.
Salary is commensurate with experience and will be further discussed with potential candidates. Flexible hybrid/remote schedule may be discussed.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 – $125,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Coverage: 3 years (Required)
- Juris Doctor degree (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Islandia, NY 11749