General Liability Litigation AssociateLong Island Office
1377 Motor Parkway, Suite 400
Islandia, NY 11749
Named in the 2023 edition of U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” for the 12th consecutive year, recipient of the 2022 Top Workplaces by Dan’s Papers and the Long Island Press, as well as the Long Island Business News Reader Rankings Best Law Firm (Overall) 2022, Lewis Johs Avallone Aviles, LLP is seeking a general liability attorney with 3+ year’s experience to join our GL defense team.
GENERAL LIABILITY LITIGATION ASSOCIATE RESPONSIBILITIES –
We are looking for a candidate who is capable of independently handling a full case load. The duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to –
- managing a caseload and covering court appearances
- conducting and defending depositions
- meeting and working with clients
- meeting with experts
- strong writing and analytical skills
- drafting and/or reviewing pleadings, motions and discovery
The ideal candidate will be a self-starting individual who thrives in a fast paced, friendly environment.
- Admitted to practice in NYS and in good standing
- At least 3+ years of relevant experience, labor law knowledge would be helpful
- Demonstrated excellence in research, writing, and legal analysis
- Excellent communication skills. Must be responsive.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
This is an excellent long term career opportunity for the right individual who is eager to develop independence and responsibility in all aspects of cases and client relations.
About Lewis Johs Avallone Aviles, LLP –
Lewis Johs Avallone Aviles, LLP was established in 1993 and has continually grown to a 60+ attorney, multi practice firm. Our firm seeks candidates who share our passion to provide the highest level of service and to exceed our clients’ expectations.
Benefits of a career at LJAA include:
- Marketing and communications support to participate in panels, publish articles, and gain visibility
- Competitive benefits package is offered which includes: BCBS medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account, 401k, paid holidays, paid time off and the option to enroll in additional voluntary ancillary benefits.
We are conveniently located at exit 58 off of the Long Island Expressway on the corner of Veterans Memorial Highway and Motor Parkway in the pink glass building.
ALL RESUMES WILL BE HELD CONFIDENTIALLY.
Salary, as well as hybrid/remote opportunity, may be discussed further with potential candidates.
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- General liability: 3 years (Required)
- Employment & labor law: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Full time in office or hybrid/remote in Islandia, NY 11749