Accounting ClerkLong Island Office
1377 Motor Parkway, Suite 400
Islandia, NY 11749
Lewis Johs Avallone Aviles, is seeking a full-time Accounting Clerk to join our growing team. Recipient of the 2022 Top Workplaces by Dan’s Papers and the Long Island Press, as well as the Long Island Business News Reader Rankings Best Law Firm (Overall) 2022, Lewis Johs Avallone Aviles, LLP is seeking a professional Accounting Clerk with at least 2 years of accounting/office experience.
Duties of the Accounting Clerk include but are not limited to:
- Entering vendor bills and ensuring timely payment of all A/P, verifies W9’s & Federal ID numbers; schedules and prepares checks; resolves contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- A/R billing and payment collection, posting payments in system.
- May do monthly reconciliation of company bank accounts.
- Reconcile corporate credit card statements.
- Assist in the completion of some financial audits & special projects.
- Perform general duties including making vendor calls, ordering supplies, scanning and filing.
- Auditing Expenses on our Legal Matters according to Account Guidelines.
- Auditing Expense Reimbursements for employees, pays employees by receiving and verifying expense and preparing checks.
Knowledge & Skills required of the Accounting Clerk are:
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workloads to meet deadlines, be proactive.
- Computer proficiency using Microsoft office products, including Excel.
- Strong communication and written skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and co-workers.
- Ability to adhere to policies and procedures.
- Ability to work as a team player. Always placing communication a high priority.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, positive attitude, resourcefulness & patience.
- Ability to accept change, being flexible and positive.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- High tolerance for ambiguity in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment.
Hours are 9:00am-5:00pm.
Qualified candidates should provide resume, references and salary request by email.
We are conveniently located off of the Long Island Expressway between exits 57 and 58 on the corner of Motor Parkway and Veteran’s Memorial Highway (the front of the building is pink glass).
Competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid time off, paid holidays plus additional ancillary benefits.
At 1377, we are in a modern suite with a full kitchen and other amenities on site.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 – $24.20 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Other voluntary, supplemental benefits
- Monday to Friday
- Accounting: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location