Eileen H. Libutti Principal
Eileen H. Libutti Principal
Eileen Libutti is the managing partner of the firm’s New York City office. In addition to her administrative responsibilities, her practice includes the representation of physicians, other health care providers and hospitals for claims of malpractice from inception through trial. She also represents corporate entities and handles cases involving claims of general negligence.
Prior to joining Lewis Johs, Eileen was associated with a large Long Island law firm, where she worked in the litigation department handling all aspects of cases involving claims of medical malpractice and casualty defense. Earlier in her career, she worked as an intern for the Honorable Kevin Thomas Duffy in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, where she researched and drafted legal memoranda for use in the Court’s opinions. She also gained experience working for the office of the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York. She has spoken before the American Trial Lawyers Association annual convention on the topic of Cross Examination in Malpractice Cases, the New York State Trial Lawyers, Long Island’s Women’s Symposium, and the Excess Lines Association of New York.
Eileen was admitted to practice law in New York in 1992 and New Jersey in 1991. She was also admitted to the Supreme Court of New Jersey in 1991. She is a member of the American Bar Association, New York State Bar Association, Nassau County Bar Association, the Nassau-Suffolk Trial Lawyers Association and the Defense Research Institute. She is also a past President of the Long Beach Lawyers Association.
Eileen Libutti received her Juris Doctor Degree from New York Law School in 1991 and she was awarded a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Boston University in 1988. In 2003, Eileen was honored as one of Long Island’s 40 rising stars under the age of 40, received the Leadership Award from the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and was awarded the Jurisperitus Award from the Court Officers Benevolent Association of Nassau County. Eileen is admitted to practice law in the State of New York and in the federal courts of Eastern and Southern Districts of New York.
Eileen Libutti was named to Super Lawyers 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018.
- 2003 Long Island’s 40 rising stars under the age of 40
- Leadership Award from the National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Jurisperitus Award from the Court Officers Benevolent Association of Nassau County
- Super Lawyers 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017
- Juris Doctor Degree – New York Law School 1991
- Bachelor of Arts– Boston University 1988
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Nassau-Suffolk Trial Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Long Beach Lawyers Association – Former President
- State of New York in 1992
- State of New Jersey in 1991
- Supreme Court of New Jersey in 1991
- United States District Court of the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- Contributor, 2018 “Supreme Leadership: Gain 850 Years of Wisdom from Successful Business Leaders”, by Alinka Rutkowska
- NYSBA Elder and Special Needs Law Journal, 2015 “Special Education Law Lingo”
- The Primerus Paradigm, Fall 2014 “Non-Compete Clauses: Uses and Enforceability”
- The Primerus Paradigm, Winter 2010 “Quality of Life – Work Life Balance”